Collier, John, 1901-1980, The Devil and all , 1934
- The Devil and all / by John Collier.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Devil and all, six short stories
- London : Nonesuch Press, 1934.
[London] : R. & R. Clark, Ltd., 1934.
- Physical Description:
- ,123,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6005.O35 D48 1934Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover-title: The devil and all, six short stories.
"One thousand copies of this book have been printed for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and in the United States by Random House and the type has been distributed. The wood-engraving facing the title page is by Blair Hughes-Stanton."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 98
BEIN Iq C69 934: "This is number 163." Signed: John Collier. Original dust jacket.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 305 of 1000, signed by the author. Bound in publisher's green buckram. Lacks dust jacket.
- Possession of Angela Bradshaw -- The right side -- Half way to hell -- After the ball -- The Devil, George, and Rosie -- Hell hath no fury.
- Subject Terms:
- Collier, John, 1901-1980 -- Autograph.Fantasy fiction, English.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Short stories.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1934.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.