A sentimental journey through France and Italy / by Laurence Sterne ; with six engravings on copper by J.E. Laboureur.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Reading, Berkshire : Printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 151,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3714 .S4 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawence, Berkshire, & completed on April 14th, 1928. Except for correcting a few obvious misprints, the text is taken from the edition of 1780. Compositors: F. Young & A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 500 copies, of which 250 will be issued by Random House, Inc., New York."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 59
BEIN Z78 103e: No. 280.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 350 of 500. Bound in red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- France -- Fiction.British -- Italy -- Fiction.Clergy -- Fiction.France -- Fiction.France -- Social life and customs.Italy -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Travelers -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Engravings -- 1928.
YCBA Collections Search
Sterne, Laurence, 1713-1768, A sentimental journey through France and Italy , MCMXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.