IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Woodward, William, Cherished portraits of thoroughbred horses from the collection of William Woodward , 1929
Cherished portraits of thoroughbred horses from the collection of William Woodward / with notes by W.S. Vosburgh.
- [New York] : Privately printed Ernest R. Gee, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- , v-vii, 297 p. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF338 .W66 1929+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN Z54 040: Red levant morocco binding tooled in gold, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
Includes reproductions of painted portraits of horses by John Nost Sartorius, George Stubbs, John Wootton, John Frederick Herring Sr., and Harry Hall.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 373
BAC: British Art Center copy is 1 of 20 copies with hand-colored plates. Bound in original dark red morocco, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, London. Presentation inscription to Harry Worcester Smith from William Woodward, along with two letters from Woodward to Smith and a typed description of the purchase of the book at auction (laid in at back). Bookplate: Harry Worcester Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Gee, Ernest R. -- Publisher.Horse racing -- United States -- History.Horsemen and horsewomen -- United States.Race horses -- United States.Sangorski & Sutcliffe -- Bookbinder.Smith, Harry Worcester -- Bookplate.Thoroughbred horse -- Pictorial works.Thoroughbred horse -- United States.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1929.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.