Romantic eye symposium, 2015
Romantic eye symposium [videorecording].
- Additional Title(s):
Romantic eye 1760-1860 and beyond
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 5 videodiscs (DVD) (484 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 302Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Andrew Carnduff Ritchie, Keynote lecture for this symposium, "Attempting impossibilities": Hazlitt on Turner and Blake, delivered by T.J. Clark.
Recording of a two day international symposium, April 17-18, 2015 coinciding with a major collaborative exhibition organized by the Yale Center for British Art and the Yale University Art Gallery, The Critique of reason: romantic art, 1760-1860. The symposium was held at the Robert L. McNeil, Jr. Lecture Hall, Yale University Art Gallery.
- Subject Terms:
- Romanticism -- England.Romanticism -- France.Romanticism in art.
- Disc  Opening remarks. Panel 1: British romanticism / Tim Barringer, Chair. Panelists: Paul Fry, Esther Chadwick, Terry Robinson.--Disc  Panel 2: French romanticism / A. Cassandra Albinson, Chair. Panelists: Valérie Bajou, Mikolaj Getka-Kenig, Tamar Mayer.--Disc  Panel 3: Romantic pictorial innovations / Nina Amstutz, Chair. Panelists: Allan Doyle, Izabel Gass, Richard Maxwell and Katie Trumpener.--Disc  Panel 4: Baudelaire and romanticism / Colin Foss, Chair. Panelists: Tobias Kämpf, Carol Armstrong.--Disc  Panel 5: Afterlives: modern art and the romantic tradition / Harry Adams, Chair. Panelists: AnneMarie Perl, Daniel Spaulding.