Romantic eye symposium, 2015
Romantic eye symposium [videorecording].
- Additional Title(s):
Romantic eye 1760-1860 and beyond
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 5 videodiscs (DVD) (484 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 302Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andrew Carnduff Ritchie, Keynote lecture for this symposium, "Attempting impossibilities": Hazlitt on Turner and Blake, delivered by T.J. Clark.
Recording of a two day international symposium, April 17-18, 2015 coinciding with a major collaborative exhibition organized by the Yale Center for British Art and the Yale University Art Gallery, The Critique of reason: romantic art, 1760-1860. The symposium was held at the Robert L. McNeil, Jr. Lecture Hall, Yale University Art Gallery.
- Subject Terms:
- Romanticism -- England.Romanticism -- France.Romanticism in art.
- Disc  Opening remarks. Panel 1: British romanticism / Tim Barringer, Chair. Panelists: Paul Fry, Esther Chadwick, Terry Robinson.--Disc  Panel 2: French romanticism / A. Cassandra Albinson, Chair. Panelists: Valérie Bajou, Mikolaj Getka-Kenig, Tamar Mayer.--Disc  Panel 3: Romantic pictorial innovations / Nina Amstutz, Chair. Panelists: Allan Doyle, Izabel Gass, Richard Maxwell and Katie Trumpener.--Disc  Panel 4: Baudelaire and romanticism / Colin Foss, Chair. Panelists: Tobias Kämpf, Carol Armstrong.--Disc  Panel 5: Afterlives: modern art and the romantic tradition / Harry Adams, Chair. Panelists: AnneMarie Perl, Daniel Spaulding.