Curtis, Penelope, Sculpture on the threshold, 2015
Sculpture on the threshold [videorecording] : an inquiry into the underlying forms of sculpture / Penelope Curtis.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 5 videodiscs (DVD) (264 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 305Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- 2015 Paul Mellon Lectures delivered April 16, 21, 23, 28 and 30 and sponsored by the Yale Center for British Art.
Recording of five lectures by Penelope Curtis. This series takes a wide-ranging look at the underlying forms of sculpture. Focusing on four key aspects - the vertical, the horizontal, the closed, and the open, the lectures explore sculptural forms across time and suggest fundamental continuities. These lectures were held either at the Robert L. McNeil, Jr. Lecture Hall, Yale University Art Gallery or Loria Center, Yale School of Architecture.
- Subject Terms:
- Sculpture and architecture.Sculpture.
- Disc  The vertical: from Nelson's column to the Ruthwell monument.--Disc  The horizontal: from Westminster Abbey to Keith Arnatt.--Disc  The closed: from Pandora's box to Damien Hirst.--Disc  The open" from Martin Creed to Castle Howard.--Disc  The ensemble: from Bethan Huws to Rilke's Rodin.