Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, The beauties & defects in the figure of the horse , 
- The beauties & defects in the figure of the horse / comparatively delineated by H. Alken in a series of coloured plates.
- Alternate Title(s):
- The beauties and defects in the figure of the horse
- London : Published by S. & J. Fuller, at the Temple of Fancy, 34, Rathbone Place ... 
- Physical Description:
- 2,  pages, 19 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF279 .A45 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Date of publication from plates.
Title page is engraved.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 102
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's tan printed boards. Includes publisher's advertisements ( pages) at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Chron -- 1816.Drawing -- Technique.Horses -- Anatomy.Horses -- Pictorial works.Horses.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.