The works of Rabelais : faithfully translated from the French ; with variorum, notes and frontispiece.
- Additional Title(s):
Gargantua et Pantagruel. English
- London : Chatto & Windus, Piccadilly, [1873?]
- Physical Description:
- xxi, , 640 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1685.E5 U7 1873Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains the five books of Gargantua and Pantagruel.
With an added letterpress title page with an engraved vignette: The works of Rabelais faithfully translated from the French with variorum notes and numerous illustrations by Gustave Doré.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped brown cloth. Boookplate: James Law.
- Subject Terms:
- Chattos & Windos -- Publisher (bacrb)Law, James -- Bookplate.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance
- Wood engravings -- [1873?]
YCBA Collections Search
Rabelais, François, ca. 1490-1553?, The works of Rabelais , [1873?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.