Twenty-four picture-cards which you can combine together 1,686,553,615,927,922,354,187,720 times.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on reverse : Vierundzwanzig Bildkarten, Sie können alle 24 kombinieren 1,686,553,615,927,922,354,187,720 mal.
- [Germany?] : [Publisher not identified], [approximately 1920]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (26 cards) ; cards each 55 x 27 mm, in box 57 x 57 x 11 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .T94 1920 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Figure out for yourself how many! [mathematical formula] You see with every permutation you get a harmonious landscape, and the puzzle always fits. If everyone on this earth would think of one combination per second it would take them more than 16 million years."--Box
Title from box. English and German titles appear on opposite faces.
The images are photomechanically reproduced from a 19th century illustration; mounted on cardboard.
A myriorama, consisting of 24 cards bearing sections of a landscape view, which can be combined side-by-side in varying sequences to produce a vast number of different scenes. Also includes two printed cards bearing a series of numbers.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Twenty-four picture-cards which you can combine together 1,686,553,615,927,922,354,187,720 times, [approximately 1920]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.