Trollope, Frances Milton, 1780-1863, Domestic manners of the Americans , 1832
Domestic manners of the Americans / by Mrs. Trollope.
- London : Printed for Whittaker, Treacher & Co., Ave-Maria-Lane, 1832.
London : Gilbert & Rivington, printers, St. John's Square
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE165 .T76 1832Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by by A. Ducôté; after Auguste Hervieu.
Printer's statement from verso of half-title.
BEIN 1975 892: With bookplate and autograph of William Inglis Morse.
MUDD WB 22069: Poor condition.
SML,FRA 553 1832t: Bookplate of Henry B. H. Beaufoy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth, with printed spine labels. Bookseller's label: Sold by William Wilson, 44, George Street, Edinburgh. Tipped in at front of volume 1 is a notice of the publication ("early in April") of Six months in America by G.T. Vigner.
- Subject Terms:
- Beaufoy, Henry Benjamin Hanbury, 1786-1851 -- Bookplate.Manners and customs -- United States.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Autograph.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Bookplate.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- Social conditions -- To 1865.United States -- Social life and customs.
- Lithographs -- 1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.