Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, [Additional illustrations for Nimrod's The life of a sportsman], 1838
[Additional illustrations for Nimrod's The life of a sportsman].
- London : Pubd. by R. Ackermann, at his Eclipse Sporting Gallery, 191 Regent St., 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 4 prints : hand-colored aquatints ; sheets 15 x 22 cm, in mats 19 x 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .N56 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Imprint from Loves a bit of mischief and Being first entered to Vermin. The other other two prints lacks imprints.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Hand-colored aquatints. 1842. Bookplate: R.N.H. Moore Stevens.
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, hawking, shooting, volume 1, page 37-38
Four hand-colored aquatint illustrations apparently intended (but not used) for the first edition of Nimrod's Life of a sportsman (London: Rudolph Ackermann, 1842.)
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Pictorial works.Nimrod (Covert operative). Life of a sportsman -- Illustrations.Sporting prints.Stevens, R.N.H. Moore -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Loves a bit of mischief
- Being first entered to vermin
- The debut, or, First attempt at the brush
- The first step to the coach-box.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.