Romola / by George Eliot, author of "Adam Bede," etc. ; in two volumes.
- Copyright edition.
- Leipzig : Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1863.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4668 A1 1863Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Alicia Faxon in memory of Richard B. Faxon, Yale BA 1949View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN 1972 136: Imperfect: half-titles wanting. Autograph of Priscilla Stearns.
BEIN 1997 1732: Imperfect: half-titles wanting. Extra-illustrated with 30 mounted photographs.
Todd, W.B. Tauchnitz international editions in English, 1841-1955 682
Armstrong, Carol. Scenes in a library. Cambridge, Mass., 1998, p. 284-284
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: half titles-wanting. Bound in gilt- and red-stamped white calf binding. Title and fleur-de-lis stamped in red on cover; edges stained red.
- Subject Terms:
- Florence (Italy) -- History -- Fiction.Savonarola, Girolamo, 1452-1498 -- Fiction.Stearns, Priscilla -- Autograph. (BEIN)
- Photographs -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.