The American farrier : adapted for the convenience of the farmer, gentleman, and smith : being a sure guide to prevent and cure all maladies and distempers that are incident to horses, of what kind soever : with a variety of other valuable things relating to them, and also, for the diseases incident to cattle / by Augustus Franklin.
- Strasburg : Printed & sold by Brown & Bowman, (copy-right secured), 1803.
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 6-290 pages ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .F73 1803Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Error in pagination: pages 272-276 misnumbered 172-176.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 78
Austin, R.B. Early Amer. medical imprints, 793
Shaw & Shoemaker, 4222
"A description of the nature and progress of diseases; forming an appendix": pages -270.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled calf. Signed in manuscript: Cyrus Whitson's book, 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Cattle -- Diseases.Horses -- Diseases.Veterinary medicine.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.