The American farrier : adapted for the convenience of the farmer, gentleman, and smith : being a sure guide to prevent and cure all maladies and distempers that are incident to horses, of what kind soever : with a variety of other valuable things relating to them, and also, for the diseases incident to cattle / by Augustus Franklin.
- Strasburg : Printed & sold by Brown & Bowman, (copy-right secured), 1803.
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 6-290 pages ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .F73 1803Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Error in pagination: pages 272-276 misnumbered 172-176.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 78
National Library of Medicine (U.S.). Early American medical imprints, 793
Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 4222
"A description of the nature and progress of diseases; forming an appendix": pages -270.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled calf. Signed in manuscript: Cyrus Whitson's book, 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Cattle -- Diseases.Horses -- Diseases.Veterinary medicine.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.