Whom to marry and how to get married, or, The adventures of a lady in search of a good husband / edited by the brothers Mayhew ; illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Additional Title(s):
Whom to marry and how to get married
Adventures of a lady in search of a good husband
- London : G. Routledge and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- , 271 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6173 .M38 1856Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By Horace and Augustus Mayhew. "It is supposed that Henry also had some share in this literary partnership"-Cf. Allibone.
First issued in six parts (November 1847 to April 1848) by David Bogue, London.
Printed by Woodfall and Kinder, Milford Lane, Strand.
Date of publication from Eng. cat. of books.
Engraved vignette on title page is a glyphograph. Cf. Cohn.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, p. 160
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 511
- Subject Terms:
- G. Routledge and Co. -- Publisher.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Wit and humor -- Great Britain.Woodfall and Kinder -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1856.
Glyphographs -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Mayhew, Horace, 1816-1872, Whom to marry and how to get married, or, The adventures of a lady in search of a good husband , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.