Morgan, Gwenda, 1908-, The diary of a land girl, 1939-1945 , 
The diary of a land girl, 1939-1945 / Gwenda Morgan ; illustrated with her wood-engravings.
- Risbury, Herefordshire : Whittington Press, 
- Physical Description:
- , ix-xii, , 151,  pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6.M6 A2 2002+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Peter Stansky, Yale BA 1953View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Author's name at head of title.
Includes bibliographical references (page 151).
"This edition of 300 copies is set in 12-point Fournier and printed at Whittington from the thirty-one original engravings on Zerkall mould-made paper. 50 copies are half-bound in Oasis leather and contain proofs of a selection of the engravings. Bound by the Fine Bindery. July 2002."--Colophon.
In slipcase, as issued.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of 300, one of 50 copies half bound in Oasis leather and containing proofs of a selection of the engravings. In publisher's original slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Morgan, Gwenda, 1908-Women wood-engravers -- England -- Biography.
- Wood engravings -- England -- 20th century.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Fournier.
- Gwenda Morgan and her Petworth / by Peter Jerome
- The diary of a land-girl
- Gwenda Morgan, engraver / by Miriam Macgregor
- Books illustrated by Gwenda Morgan.
- The "selection of engravings" included with 50 copies comprises: Summer Flowers
- Midnight madness
- Willingly to School
- Nursery Rhymes
- Robert Herrick, 'His Grange'
- From the hills to the sea.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.