Saint Dominic's Press : a bibliography 1916-1937 / compiled by Michael Taylor and Brocard Sewell ; with a memoir by Susan Falkner, an introduction by Brocard Sewell, a preface by Michael Taylor, and an appendix by Adrian Cunningham.
- Lower Marston, Risbury, Herefordshire : Whittington Press, 
- Physical Description:
- , 180 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.S25 S25 1995+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Peter Stansky, Yale BA 1953Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "400 copies printed at Whittington in Caslon types on Zerkall halbmatt and Ingres papers, the colour plates printed by CTD.100 copies are bound in quarter Oasis, and include leaves printed at St Dominic's, and a facsimile of Daisy and Marguerite. January 1995."--Colophon.
Daisy and Marguerite, originally published anonymously by St. Dominic's Press, 1923, in a limited ed. of 60 copies, is by Cyril and Mrs. Cyril Andrews. Cf. BM, v. 47, column 998. The facsimile, published by Whittington Press as a separate volume (24 cm.), is of copy 17.
Includes 12 printing samples (some col. and folded) mounted on pages included in page count.
Issued in a slipcase.
Includes bibliographical references (page 35) and indexes.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 112 of 400. Bound in publisher's original quarter red cloth and red boards; in red slip case.
- Subject Terms:
- Ditchling (England) -- Imprints.Gill, Eric, 1882-1940.Great Britain -- Imprints.Pepler, H. D. C. (Hilary Douglas Clarke), 1878-1951.Private presses -- England -- Bibliography.St. Dominic's Press -- Bibliography.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.