Rowlandson's world in miniature : consisting of groups of figures for the illustration of landscape scenery / drawn and etched by T. Rowlandson.
- Additional Title(s):
Rowlandson's works in miniature.
- London : R. Ackermann, 1816.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 R68 1816Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN J18 R796 816: Title from original wrapper (?) mounted on front paste-down. Imperfect: Original wrappers and 1 plate wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gold- stamped green morocco. Title on cover: Rowlandson's works in miniature. 1816. Contains 40 plates. Uncolored. Publisher and date from plate.
Conforms to description of 1816 ed. in 8 monthly parts in Grolier Club Catalogue of books illustrated by Thomas Rowlandson, 1916, p. 58-59, except that in this issue, plates are not colored and are unnumbered.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Composition (Art)Drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1816.Landscape drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.
- Drawing books.
YCBA Collections Search
Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, Rowlandson's world in miniature , 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.