Smith, Christopher Webb, 1793-1871, The feathered game of Hindostan , 
- The feathered game of Hindostan : the birds introduced in pairs, covies, or otherwise as in nature, accompanied with appropriate scenery / the birds by Christopher Webb Smith, Esqr. ; the landscapes by Sir Charles D'Oyly, Bart.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Feathered game of India
- [Patna] : [Behar amateur lithographic press], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 46Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Lithographs are mounted on cream-colored paper. The birds are colored while the scenery is not colored.
Imprint information from cover.
"The "N" on the label on the front wrapper of this book should probably have a figure 1 added to it in ink, since this is almost certainly the companion part to the 'Oriental Orinithology', 1829, which has "N2 of the Oriental Ornithology" on the label on the front wrapper."--Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 451
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animals prints, p. 177-178
BEIN JJn57 88: 12 mounted col. pl. Engraved t.-p., mounted.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original buff paper wrappers, with lithographed title label on front cover.
- The black partridge -- The common quail -- The large Indian grouse -- The pin tail'd grouse -- The double spurr'd partridge -- The chuckore -- The snipe -- The rain quail -- The button quail -- The fire eater -- The grey partridge -- The hill partridge.
- Subject Terms:
- Behar amateur lithographic press -- PublisherBirds in art.Game and game-birds -- India.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.