Processed views : surveying the industrial landscape / Barbara Ciurej & Lindsay Lochman.
- [Milwaukee] : [Barbara Ciurej and Lindsay Lochman], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (12 cards) : color illustrations ; 17 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C58 P76 2014Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Barbara Ciurej and Lindsay Lochman Collaborative ProjectsView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Leclair iPL 199: Manuscript note: Digital appliation submitted 10/18/14 for Indie Photo Books. From the Indie Photobook Library/Larissa Leclair Collection.
Title from title card.
A set of 10 "processed views" postcards, in a diecut case, plus one title card and one colophon card.
"Processed views interprets the frontier of industrial food production: the seductive and alarming intersection of nature and technology ... In our commentary on the landscape of processed foods, we reference the work of photographer, Carleton Watkins (1829-1916) ... We built these views to examine consumption, progress, and the changing landscape."--Colophon card.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books.Artists' books.Food consumption.Food industry and trade.Food industry and trade.Leclair, Larissa -- Ownership.Photography of food.Photography of food.Photography, Artistic.Photography, Artistic.Photography, Industrial.Photography, Industrial.Watkins, Carleton E., 1829-1916.
- Artists' books.
- Fruit Loops landscape
- Marshmallow chasm
- Monoculture plains
- Cola sea
- Deep fried bluffs
- Blue dye #1 precipice
- Saturated fat foothills
- Moonlight on bologna
- Flamin' hot monolith
- White bread mountain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.