Descriptive geometry models : for the use of students in schools & colleges / designed by Thomas Jones, gold medallist, member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- London ; Manchester : John Heywood, [between 1887 and 1900?]
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages ; 20 x 14 cm and 12 cards : illustrations ; 18 x 15 cm, folded to 10 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQA462 .J66 1840 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from box top.
"Series nos. 1 & 2, comprising 12 models representing the planes of projection, with lines and planes fixed in position." Includes lengths of thread to represent select lines. Accompanied by three booklets: two 4-page sheets of instructions, and a 4-page list of "problems suggested as exercises for the student."
Thomas Jones (1844-1826) became a member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in 1887.
BAC: British Art Center in original card slip-case with printed paper labels on top and bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Geometrical models.Geometry -- Study and teaching.Geometry, Solid.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, Thomas, 1844-1926, Descriptive geometry models , [between 1887 and 1900?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.