Der Kopfzerbrecher = The anchor puzzle.
- Additional Title(s):
- Third edition
- London : Dr. Richter's Publishing Office, 1 & 2 Railway Place, Fenchurch Str., [1891 or 1892].
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 8 cm, in box 8 x 8 x 2 cm and 1 tangram puzzle (7 pieces) : ceramic stone
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1507.T3 K67 1900 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Made in Germany."--Box top.
The first booklet, Der Kopfzerbrecher = The Anchor puzzle, has unnumbered problem figures on pages 5-52. The second booklet, with cover title Kopfzerbecher ("gratis"), includes problem figures numbered 180-195, on pages numbered 49-64.
First issued in 1891. See: Slocum.
Slocum, J. Tangram book, page 97
Slocum, J. The anchor puzzle book, p. 22-25
Tangram puzzle of seven ceramic stone pieces, with two printed booklets, issued together in an illustrated box. The inside of the box covers shows how to pack the pieces into the box.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.