Der Quälgeist = The Tormentor.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Dr. Richter's Publishing Office, 44 Jewin Street : 1 & 2 Railway Place, Fenchurch St, [1891?]
- Physical Description:
- , 5-52 pages : illustrations ; 70 x 71 mm, in box 78 x 78 x 15 mm and 1 tangram puzzle (8 pieces) : ceramic stone
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1507.T3 Q34 1890 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Made in Germany."--Box top.
The booklet makes reference to Richter's "Anchor Puzzle" ("Der Kopfzerbrecher"), which was issued in 1891. See: Slocum, Jerry. The tangram book. New York : Sterling Publishing, 2003 (page 97)
With parallel texts in German and English.
Slocum, J. The anchor puzzle book, p. 38
Tangram puzzle of eight ceramic stone pieces, with a printed booklet, issued together in an illustrated box. The booklet consists of 158 problem figures for the user to construct from the puzzle pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Chromolithographs -- 1892.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.