Carmicheal, David W, Organizing archival records , c2012
- Organizing archival records : a practical method of arrangement and description for small archives / David W. Carmicheal.
- 3rd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : AltaMira Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 123 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryCD950 .C36 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 115-118) and index.
This volume covers the basics of archival arrangement and description. The author describes the function of archives, distinguishes between archives and manuscript collections, and offers a step-by-step method for arranging records. The appendices include a variety of examples of finding aids and a number of exercises to use in learning how to arrange records.
- Subject Terms:
- Archives -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Archives.Cataloging of archival materials -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Cataloging of archival materials.
- Handbooks and manuals.