Elias, Ann, 1933- , Useless beauty , 2015
Useless beauty : flowers and Australian art / by Ann Elias.
- Newcastle upon tyne : Cambridge scholars pub, 2015.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 244 pages, 52 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Reference LibraryND1100 .E55 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Australasian.Art, Australasian.Flowers in art.Flowers in art.Painting, Australian -- 20th century.Painting, Australian.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Background
- ch. One Flowers and the Nineteenth Century
- ch. Two Premodern, Modern and Ultramodern Art
- pt. II The Art Establishment
- ch. Three Useless Beauty
- ch. Four The Outsider: Ellis Rowan
- ch. Five Defining Femininity
- ch. Six Flowers and Defiance: Hans Heysen
- ch. Seven WWI and the Floral Sublime
- pt. III Modernism
- ch. Eight The Flower Man
- ch. Nine Native Flowers
- ch. Ten Margaret Preston and Aboriginal Art
- ch. Eleven Celestial Sugar: Adrian Feint
- ch. Twelve Modern Flower Arranging
- ch. Thirteen Lust for Simplicity: Max Dupain
- ch. Fourteen The Human Condition.