Elias, Ann, 1933- , Useless beauty , 2015
Useless beauty : flowers and Australian art / by Ann Elias.
- Newcastle upon tyne : Cambridge scholars pub, 2015.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 244 pages, 52 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Reference LibraryND1100 .E55 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Australasian.Art, Australasian.Flowers in art.Flowers in art.Painting, Australian -- 20th century.Painting, Australian.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Background
- ch. One Flowers and the Nineteenth Century
- ch. Two Premodern, Modern and Ultramodern Art
- pt. II The Art Establishment
- ch. Three Useless Beauty
- ch. Four The Outsider: Ellis Rowan
- ch. Five Defining Femininity
- ch. Six Flowers and Defiance: Hans Heysen
- ch. Seven WWI and the Floral Sublime
- pt. III Modernism
- ch. Eight The Flower Man
- ch. Nine Native Flowers
- ch. Ten Margaret Preston and Aboriginal Art
- ch. Eleven Celestial Sugar: Adrian Feint
- ch. Twelve Modern Flower Arranging
- ch. Thirteen Lust for Simplicity: Max Dupain
- ch. Fourteen The Human Condition.