Hirst, Damien, The complete Psalm paintings , 
The complete Psalm paintings / Damien Hirst.
- London : Other Criteria, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H5991 A12 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paintings incorporating butterfly wings accompanied by the Psalms for which they were named.
Essays by Michael Bracewell, Amie Corry.
Includes bibliographical references.
This beautifully illustrated book constitutes a comprehensive survey of Damien Hirst's Psalm paintings. The 150 works in the series are made up of iridescent butterfly wings and paint on canvas, which combine to form kaleidoscopic patterns reminiscent of Gothic stained glass windows. Dating from 2008, the paintings address some of Hirst's most enduring and important themes: beauty, art, belief, life and death.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 21st century.Art, Modern.Butterflies in art.Butterflies in art.Hirst, Damien -- Catalogues raisonnés.Hirst, Damien, 1965- -- Catalogues raisonnés.Hirst, Damien.
- Catalogues raisonnés.