Thuillier, Rosalind, Graham Sutherland , 2015
Graham Sutherland : life, work and ideas / Rosalind Thuillier.
- Cambridge : Lutterworth Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 267 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Su8 T482 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "A compelling biographical study of a leading twentieth-century British artist, Graham Sutherland: Life, Work and Ideas offers new insight into how he and his paintings developed. In the culmination of her life's work, Rosalind Thuillier builds on the reflections and recollections of a friendship spanning decades to craft a comprehensive study of Sutherland's life and works, interweaving his perceptive responses to his own art, taken from personal notes and correspondence, with critical reviews and collectors' musings to give an authentic picture of the man whose work divided critics. Drawing on Sutherland's personal archive, the book includes an expansive collection of images that provide a fresh view of the artist. Studies by Sutherland, along with preparatory works for what would become renowned paintings, are published for the first time"--Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- England.Painters -- England -- Biography.Painters.Sutherland, Graham Vivian, 1903-1980.Sutherland, Graham Vivian, 1903-1980.