IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Beattie, William, 1793-1875, Scotland , [approximately 1870?]
Scotland : illustrated in a series of views taken expressly for this work by Messrs. T. Allom, W.H. Bartlett, and H. M'Culloch / by William Beattie, M.D. ...
- New York : Virtue and Yorston, 12, Dey Street, [approximately 1870?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .B435 1870+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engraved title page of volume : Scotland, by William Beattie, M.D. ; illustrated in a series of views taken expressly for this work, by Thomas Allom, &c. Engraved by or under the immediate direction of Robert Wallis.
Page 164 misnumbered as page 64.
Engravings by Henry Adlard, James Baylis Allen, J.W. Appleton, Jame Charles Armytage, Thomas Barber, E. Benjamin, Joseph Clayton Bentley, Samuel Bradshaw, Robert Brandard, D. Buckle, James Carter, Ebenezer Challis, John Cleghorn, Charles Cousen, John Cousen, William Deeble, William Finden, S. Fisher, Henry Griffiths, Frederick James Havell, Thomas Higham, W. Hill, John James Hinchliff, Thomas Jeavons, Henry Jorden, J.H. Kernot, James Lewis, William Mossman, Charles Mottram, Thomas Abiel Prior, Edward Radclyffe, William Radclyffe, James C. Redaway, George K. Richardson, Edward John Roberts, John Rogers, Robert Sands, John Smith, William Raymond Smith, Matthew James Starling, James Tingle, William Tombleson, Francis William Topham, John Charles Varrall, Robert Wallis, James Tibbetts Willmore, and William Woonoth; after Thomas Allom, George Balmer, William Henry Bartlett, George Bryant Campion, James Duffield Harding, George Meikle Kemp, Horatio Macculloch, Alexander Nasmyth, and William Purser.
First published in 1835.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black stamped brown morocco. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Scotland.Landscapes -- Scotland.Scotland -- Description and travel.
Steel engravings -- 1870.
Engravings -- 1870.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.