Sculpture , 
Sculpture : from antiquity to the present day / edited by Georges Duby and Jean-Luc Daval.
- Additional Title(s):
- Köln : Taschen, 
- Physical Description:
- 1,148 pages : illustrations (some colour) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNB450 .S3713 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Translated from the French.
Originally published in four volumes in 1991.
Ranging from ancient to contemporary sculpture, this book is the first study of the history of sculpture to present such an original and comprehensive approach. Taking the sculptures out of the museum context (and thus off of their proverbial pedestals), this volume presents a completely new view which affords enlightening comparisons between eras and genres. This remarkable work is indispensable for art lovers of all tastes and disciplines.
- Subject Terms:
- Sculpture -- History.Sculpture.
- Part 1. The great art of antiquity : from the eighth century BC to the fifth century AD / by Philippe Bruneau, Mario Torelli, Xavier Barral i Altet
- Part 2. The great art of the Middle Ages : from the fifth century to the fifteenth century / by Georges Duby, Xavier Barral i Altet, Sophie Guillot de Suduiraut.
- Part 3. The great tradition of sculpture : from the fifteenth century to the eighteenth century / by Bernard Ceysson, Geneviève Bresc-Bautier, Maurizio Fagiolo dell'Arco, François Souchal
- Part 4. The adventure of modern sculpture in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries / by Antoinette Le Normand-Romain, Anne Pingeot, Reinhold Hohl, Jean-Luc Daval, Barbara Rose, Friedrich Meschede.