Dodd, Thomas, 1771-1850, A catalogue of the extensive and valuable library of books of Robert Morse, Esq. deceased, late of Clarges Street, Piccadilly , 
- A catalogue of the extensive and valuable library of books of Robert Morse, Esq. deceased, late of Clarges Street, Piccadilly : comprising a very extensive collection of the best editions of the classics in the learned languages : the whole of Dugdale's works -- King's Vale Royal -- Ashmole's Berkshire and Order of the Garter -- Atkyn's Gloucestershire -- Bloomefield's Norfolk -- Gunestone's Peterborough, t.p. -- Bentham's Ely -- Holingshed and Hall's Chronicles, b. letter -- Manning's Surry -- Montfaucon's Antiquities -- Picart's Relifious Ceremonies -- Stukeley's Works -- Thoroton's Nottinghamshire -- Voyages Pittoresque de la Grece, de Istria, de Naples et de Sicile, et de la Suisse -- and all the celebrated works of Voyages and travels : also, in all the miscellaneous branches of literature, particularly the belle lettres, history, biography, poetry, arts, sciences, philosophy, plays, &c. &c. : which (by order of the executors) will be sold by auction by Mr. Thomas Dodd, at no. 42, Old Bond Street, (four doors from Piccadilly,) on Thursday, 20th of June, 1816, and seven following days (Sunday excepted), at twelve o'clock each day.
- [London] : [Thomas Dodd], 
London : Smith & Davy
- Physical Description:
- 47,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 33 no. 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: [pi] B-G⁴ [$1 signed].
Date of sale: June 20-27, 1816.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 2 of 2 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf. Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
MUDD,AUCT X348 D66 1816/6/20: Bound with: Thomas Dodd (Firm : London, England). A catalogue of the extensive and choice collection of prints, formed by the late Robert Morse, Esq. of Clarges Street. [London],  (MUDD,AUCT X348 D66 1816/5/15).
MUDD,AUCT X348 D66 1816/6/20: Priced in ms. Bookplate is three bees (drypoint), with initials "K.C." (Katherine Cameron, bookplate created for Arthur Kay, her husband). Inscribed: "A.K. / FLORIFERIS. / UT. APES. IN. / SALTIBUS.OM- / NIA LIBANT / OMNIA. NOS / ITIDEM / DEPASCIMUR / AUREA. DICTA". Binder's spine title: Morse's prints and books.
- Subject Terms:
- Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Cameron, Katharine -- Bookplate.Kay, Arthur, 1861-1939 -- Bookplate.Morse, Robert , -1806 -- Library -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Private libraries -- England -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.