The costume of the University of Oxford : illustrated by a series of engravings from original drawings by Thomas Uwins : to which is prefixed a brief account of the members and officers of that university.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, by L. Harrison and J.C. Leigh, 373, Strand, MDCCCXV 
- Physical Description:
- , 18 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF528 U95 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by John Samuel Agar; after Thomas Uwins.
Plates and text were previously published in R. Ackermann's History of Oxford.
Cordeaux, E.H. Bibliography of printed works relating to the University of Oxford, 1316
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary boards. Has hand-colored illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- England -- Oxford.Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1815.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Leigh, J.C. -- Printer.University of Oxford -- History.University of Oxford -- Students -- Clothing.
YCBA Collections Search
Uwins, Thomas, 1782-1857, The costume of the University of Oxford , MDCCCXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.