The American drawing-book : a manual for the amateur, and basis of study for the professional artist : especially adapted to the use of public and private schools, as well as home instruction / by J.G. Chapman.
- Additional Title(s):
Chapman's American drawing-book
- New York : J.S. Redfield, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 168 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .C43 1847+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Introduction and chapters 1-4 later published in London, under title: The elements of art.
"Stereotyped by Redfield & Savage, 13 Chambers Street, N.Y. C.A. Alvord, printer, cor. of John and Dutch Sts."--Title page verso.
Cover title: Chapman's American drawing-book.
With numerous wood-engraved illustrations throughout.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's (?) gilt- and blind-stamped brown cloth. Autographed, in graphite: Denslow.
- Subject Terms:
- Denslow -- Autograph.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Wood engravings -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
Chapman, J. G. (John Gadsby), 1808-1889, The American drawing-book , 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.