- London : Published by Thos. McLean, 1823-1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 57 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Without title page. Title and imprint appear on each plate.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 39
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), p. 72
Van Devanter, W. Checklist of books illustrated by Henry Alken, 44
BAC: British Art Center copy is part of a compilation of titles by Henry Alken issued by his publisher T. McLean. Spine title: British sportsman's vade mecum. Plates mounted two-to-a-page.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.McLean, Thos. -- Publisher.Regency -- England.Satire, English.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
- May temptation never conquer virture &c.
- Involuntary bondage &c.
- Wanted an housekeeper to a single gentleman &c.
- A man of some weight in the parish &c.
- More friends, and less need of them &c.
- A water party very dry &c.
- May we never want a friend and a bottle to give him &c.
- May we never feel want or want feeling &c.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.