Sporting discoveries, or, The miseries of shooting / in a series of seven plates ... by Ben Tally-Ho.
- Additional Title(s):
Miseries of shooting
- [London] : [Published by S. and J. Fuller], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 54Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Ben Tally Ho is the pseudonym of Henry Thomas Alken.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, 45
BEIN JJn16 4p: Cover-title wanting; title taken from C.F.G.R. Schwerdt, Hunting hawking shooting, London, 1928, vol. 1, p. 23.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half morocco and red cloth. Lack cover title.
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), 57
- Subject Terms:
- Aquatints, Colored -- Specimens -- 1816.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- 19th century.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Great Britain -- Caricatures and cartoons.S. and J. Fuller -- Publisher.Satire, English.
- A simple discovery. Having spent an almost sleepless night
- A common discovery. Having lost your dog
- A trifling discovery. Having mark'd a bird over the hedge
- A troublesome discovery. Having taken out a brace of pointers for a day on trial
- A fatal discovery. Having fllush'd a bird suddenly on the side of a hedge
- A curious discovery. Having positively promised a friend some game
- A painful discovery. Having your dog call out lustily on the other side of a fence.