Tait, Rita, Guildford photography , 2015
Guildford photography : the life and work of Ifor & Joy Thomas / Rita & Jack Tait.
- Clyro, Herefordshire : Bronydd Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 119 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryTR140 .T463 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rita and Jack Tait relate the story of Ifor and Joy Thomas and the Guildford school of photography. Part biography and part a history of early post-war photographic education the book shows the importance of the Thomas's and their influence across a large swathe of photographers and educators - including Jane Bown, Tessa Traeger, Julia Hedgecoe and Adam Woolfitt. The Guildford school influenced a generation of photographers many of whom are still involved in the field.
- Subject Terms:
- Photographers -- England -- Guilford.Photography -- Study and teaching.Thomas, Ifor, 1912-1961.Thomas, Joy, -1963.