Tait, Rita, Guildford photography , 2015
Guildford photography : the life and work of Ifor & Joy Thomas / Rita & Jack Tait.
- Clyro, Herefordshire : Bronydd Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 119 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryTR140 .T463 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rita and Jack Tait relate the story of Ifor and Joy Thomas and the Guildford school of photography. Part biography and part a history of early post-war photographic education the book shows the importance of the Thomas's and their influence across a large swathe of photographers and educators - including Jane Bown, Tessa Traeger, Julia Hedgecoe and Adam Woolfitt. The Guildford school influenced a generation of photographers many of whom are still involved in the field.
- Subject Terms:
- Photographers -- England -- Guilford.Photography -- Study and teaching.Thomas, Ifor, 1912-1961.Thomas, Joy, -1963.