Rural sports / by the Rev. Wm. B. Daniel.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, & Orme, Paternoster Row, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .D36 1807Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by John Scott, Lowry, and J. Landseer; after Sawrey Gilpin, Nathan Drake, Stephen Elmer, George Garrard, Philip Reinagle, Henry Bernard Chalon, and George Stubbs,
"Burney and Gold, printers, Shoe-Lane, London."--Volume 1, page 535.
"Printed by T. Davison, Whitefriars."--End of volumes 2 and 3.
The title page for each volume is engraved.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown calf; gold tooling and sporting scenes on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine; by Thomas Gosden (?). Armorial bookplate: Bertram Freeman-Mitford.
- Subject Terms:
- Falconry -- Great Britain.Fishing -- Great Britain.Freeman-Milford, Bertram -- Bookplate.Game and game-birds -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hunting -- Great Britain.Sports -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- 1807.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.