Cooper, Eileen, 1953-, Eileen Cooper , 
Eileen Cooper : between the lines / Editor, Caroline Walmsley.
- Additional Title(s):
Between the lines
- London : Royal Academy of Arts, 
- Physical Description:
- 287 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.C7457 A12 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Essays by Martin Gayford, Sara Lee.
Contains bibliographical references (pages 282-284) and index.
This long-overdue publication on Eileen Cooper RA spans the entire breadth of her career, from her early days as a singular figurative voice in British art, and her exploration of ideas of feminism and femininity in painting, to her current mature work, characterised by uninhibited colours bursting with energy, contained by her expressive use of line. This comprehensive book places the artist in the context of British art over the last three decades. In a substantial and wide-ranging essay, Martin Gayford resumes his ongoing investigation of Cooper's work, aided by extracts from a recent series of interviews with the artist.--Publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Cooper, Eileen, 1953- -- Catalogs.Human beings in art -- 20th century.Human beings in art -- 21st century.Painting, English -- 20th century.Painting, English -- 21st century.