A description of the Windward Passage, and Gulf of Florida, with the course of the British trading-ships to, and from the island of Jamaica , 1739
- A description of the Windward Passage, and Gulf of Florida, with the course of the British trading-ships to, and from the island of Jamaica : also an account of the trade-winds, and of the variable winds and currents on the coasts thereabouts ... illustrated with a chart of the coast of Florida, and of the islands of Bahama, Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and the adjacent smaller islands ... : to which are added, some proposals for the better securing of the British trade and navigation to and from the West-Indies ...
- London : Printed and sold by J. Applebee [etc.], 1739.
- Physical Description:
- 23, , 7 p. : fold. map ; 23 x 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAmVa 866Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- The map has title: A chart of the Bahama Islands with a description of the Gulf of Florida and Windward Passage &c. referr'd from the figures here set down, to the general index annexed. By T.C.
The letter is signed, J.N.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Quarto. 1/2 tan modern calf, tan paper boards. Folding map. Spine height: 9 1/8 inches (on front cover, brown leather label: GULF OF FLORIDA).
- Subject Terms:
- Latin America -- Commerce.West Indies -- Description and travel.Windward Passage.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.