Simpson's-in-the-Strand, Simpson's in-the-Strand, Grand Divan Tavern , 1934
Simpson's in-the-Strand, Grand Divan Tavern : bill of fare.
- Additional Title(s):
Bill of fare
- London : Simpson's-in-the-Strand, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (4 unnumbered pages) : illustrations ; 28 x 36 cm, folded to 28 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 18aYale Center for British Art, Gift of Jay CliffordAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Menu for Simpson's-in-the-Strand (London), dated Monday, April 23rd, 1934, listing prices for food and drink. The back cover features a cartoon, "The gentleman who asked the carver whether the meat was English or foreign," drawn by H.M. Bateman. Inscribed: Charlie Brown nearly had a fit Aug 28-1878-1928. To Jim Clifford."
"Special menus can be arranged for banquets and small parties."--Front cover.
"The smoking room and new lounge are the most comfortable in London."--Front cover.
Printed in blue and red ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Beverages -- Great Britain.Brown, Charlie, active 1879-1937.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Carving (Meat, etc.) -- Great Britain.Dinners and dining -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Restaurants -- Great Britain.Simpson's-in-the-StrandTaverns (Inns) -- Great Britain.Wine -- Great Britain.
Photomechanical prints -- 1960.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.