1920s modernism in Montreal , 
- 1920s modernism in Montreal : the Beaver Hall Group / edited by Jacques Des Rochers and Brian Foss.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Beaver Hall Group.
- Montreal, Quebec : Montreal Museum of Fine Arts ; London : Black Dog Publishing, 
- Physical Description:
- 351 pages : colour illustrations, portraits ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryND245.5.B4 A15 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and an index.
Also available in French under the title: Une modernité des années 1920 à Montréal : Le Groupe de Beaver Hall.
Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Montreal Museum of Fine Art, Montreal, from 24 October 2015 to 31 January 2016, at the Art Gallery of Hamilton, Hamilton, Ont., from 20 February to 8 May 2016, at the Art Gallery of Windsor, Windsor, Ont., from 24 June to 2 October 2016, and the Glenbow Museum, Calgary, from 22 October 2016 to 29 January 2017.
- The "hit-em-in-the-eye" school, or painters of "wall jazz"! / Nathalie Bondil -- The Beaver Hall Group: a much anticipated re-reading / Jacques Des Rochers -- Setting the stage: the emergence of the Beaver Hall Group / Jacques Des Rochers -- Defining the Beaver Hall Group today / Jacques Des Rochers -- The intersecting paths of budding artists / Hélène Sicotte -- Out on the town: modernism, arts and entertainment in Montreal, 1920-33 / Brian Foss -- The Beaver Hall Group: a Montreal modernity / Esther Trépanier -- "As well as men": the gendering of Beaver Hall / Kristina Huneault -- Biographies / Justine Lebeau.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Canadian -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Beaver Hall Group (Group of artists) -- Exhibitions.Painting, Canadian -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Women painters -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.