Evelyn, John, 1620-1706, Memoires for my grand-son , 1926
- Memoires for my grand-son / by John Evelyn ; transcribed and furnished with a preface and notes by Geoffrey Keynes.
- London : Printed at Oxford for the Nonesuch Press, 16 Great James Street, Bloomsbury, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- xii, , 104,  pages ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBJ1671 E94 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Details of how a country gentleman should conduct his life and affairs." -- p. xi.
"Of this first edition of John Evelyn's 'Memories for my Grand-son' 1250 copies have been printed for sale in England and America by John Johnson, Printer to the University at the Oxford University Press, upon French hand-made paper."--Colophon.
Printed from the original manuscript now in the possession of Mr. John Evelyn at Wotton.
Title within ornamental engraved border.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 37
MED,HSL 17th cent: "This is number 1060."
BEIN X178 N73 Z926E: No. 648.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 62 of a limited edition of 1,250 copies. Bound publisher's original limp parchment.
- Subject Terms:
- Conduct of life.Evelyn, John, 1620-1706.Home economics.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.