Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-, Andy Goldsworthy , 2015
- Andy Goldsworthy : ephemeral works 2004-2014.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ephemeral works 2004-2014
- New York : Abrams, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 367 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 37 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.G5344 A12 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For forty years, Andy Goldsworthy has worked with an extraordinary range of natural materials, often at their source. On an almost daily basis, he makes works of art using the materials and conditions that he encounters wherever he is, be it the land around his Scottish home, the mountain regions of France or Spain, or the pavements of New York City, Glasgow, or Rio de Janeiro. Out of earth, rocks, leaves, ice, snow, rain, sunlight and shadow he makes artworks that exist briefly before they are altered and erased by natural processes. They are documented in his photographs, and their larger meanings are bound up with the conditions, forces and processes that they embody: materiality, temporality, growth, vitality, permanence, decay, chance, labour and memory. Ephemeral Works features approximately two hundred of these works, selected by Goldsworthy from thousands he has made between 2001 and the present, and arranged in chronological sequence, capturing his creative process as it interacts with material, place, and the passage of time and seasons.
- Subject Terms:
- Earthworks (Art)Earthworks (Art)Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-Land-art.Nature in art.Nature in art.Naturkunst.