An alphabet allegorical, alliterative & amusing : appreciable at all ages / L.J.H., artistical arranger.
- Additional Title(s):
Alphabet allegorical, alliterative and amusing
- London : Effingham Wilson, 11 Royal Exchange, MDCCCLXXI 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 19 x 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1155 .H5 1871+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The artist's monogram on the title page consists of the superimposed letters J, H, and L. The Osborne Collection copy (Toronto Public Library) bears a handwritten note on the title page that reads "By L.J. Hill (my great aunt)."
Title page printed in red ink.
Alderman Artichoke ... to Zedekiah Zigzag ...
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed blue boards, with red leather corners and back. Signed in red ink (20th century): Patmore.
"A beautiful collection, delightfully etched, finely grouped, highly imaginative, jestingly knavish, ludicrously mischievous, notably odd, peculiarly queer, recreative, sensational, tittering, unquestionably volatile, whimsically xyzite."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Alliteration.Alphabet -- Juvenile literature.Wilson, Effingham -- Publisher.
- Alphabet books.
Lithographs -- 1871.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hill, L. J., An alphabet allegorical, alliterative & amusing : appreciable at all ages , MDCCCLXXI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.