Poetry in beauty : the pre-raphaelite art of Marie Spartali Stillman / Margaretta S. Frederick and Jan Marsh.
- Wilmington : Delaware Art Museum, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 160 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.St48525 F74 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog of the exhibition at Delaware Art Museum, November 7, 2015 - January 31, 2016 and Watts Gallery, Compton, UK, March 1 - June 5, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references.
"Marie Spartali Stillman was one of a small number of professional female artists working in the second half of the 19th century. She was an important presence in the Victorian art world of her time and closely affiliated with members of the Pre-Raphaelite circle. 'Poetry in Beauty', the first retrospective of Spartali Stillman's work, will showcase approximately 50 works by the artist. Spartali Stillman's style reflects her British Pre-Raphaelite training as well as the influence of Renaissance art, derived from the many years she lived and worked in Italy. Works from public and private collections in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada, many of which have not been exhibited since Spartali Stillman's lifetime, will also be on view." Delaware Art Museum website
- Subject Terms:
- England.Painting, English -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Painting, English.Pre-Raphaelitism -- England -- History.Pre-Raphaelitism.Stillman, Marie Spartali, 1844-1927 -- Exhibitions.Stillman, Marie Spartali, 1844-1927.
- Exhibition catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick, Margaretta S., Poetry in beauty , 2015