Frankland, Robert, Sir, 1784-1849, Indispensable accomplishments , Published June 24, 1811, by H. Humphrey,
Indispensable accomplishments / Billesdon Coplow.
- [London] : Published June 24, 1811, by H. Humphrey,
- Physical Description:
-  leaf, 6 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 28 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 78Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Billesdon Coplow is the pseudonym of Sir Robert Frankland.
Title page is engraved.
Henry Alken published a satiric response to this publication in 1815 titled "Qualified horses and unqualified riders."
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, I:186-187
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), 122
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), 158
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 75
BEIN JJn16 4: Bound with Alken, H.T. Qualified horses. London, 1815.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in plain tan wrappers, stitched. Title and author written in manuscript on front wrapper. In green cloth folder; gold lettering on front cover and spine. Bookplates: Fitz Eugene Dixon; Moncure Biddle.
- Subject Terms:
- Biddle, Moncure -- Bookplate.Dixon, Fitz Eugene -- Bookplate.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1811.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Humphrey, H. -- Publisher.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Going along a slapping pace
- Topping a flight of rails ...
- Charing an ox-fence
- Going in and out clever
- Facing a brook
- Swishing at a rasper.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.