Hakewill, James, 1778-1843, A picturesque tour of the island of Jamaica, from drawings made in the years 1820 and 1821 , 1825
A picturesque tour of the island of Jamaica, from drawings made in the years 1820 and 1821 / by James Hakewill ...
- London : Hurst and Robinson [etc.], 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., 16,  p., 21 col. pl. ; fol. 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 683 (Fo. A)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BEIN J18 H127 +825: Imperfect: plates 9-12 wanting. Some plates are water-marked 1832 and must be later impressions.
"The views are engraved in aquatint by Thomas Sutherland, and colored by hand"--Handbook of Jamaica, 1896.
BAC: In seven parts; original paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Jamaica -- Pictorial works.
- IIIF Manifest: