Tyson, Ian, 1933-, Coastal movement , MMXV 
- Coastal movement / Ian Tyson ; John Christie.
- [Framlingham, Suffolk?] : [Ian Tyson and John Christie], MMXV 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves ; color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.T87 C63 2015+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Coastal movement is the second collaboration between Ian Tyson and John Christie. It was completed in 2015. The pages were handcut and coloured by the artists in a singed and numbered edition of 12 books plus an additional two artist's proof copies."--Colophon.
"My images and texts for 'Coastal movement' are derived from visits, over a period of several years, to Dungeness, Kent. This special area of coastline holds a visual fascination for me, a minimal history of desolation and retrieval. Ian Tyson."--Colophon.
"The text for my pages was inspired by the ever-changing pebble beach at Aldeburgh, Suffolk and Gael Turnbull's poem 'A sea-stone'. The image underlying the three pastel colours was adapted from early 20th century naval 'dazzle' camouflage. The choice of colours was suggested by Ian's pages which were completed first. John Christie."--Colophon.
Ian Tyson's portion includes hand-cut slots which reveal the blue-gray color of the cover paper beneath.
Issued in a clamshell case.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 3 of 14, signed by the artists. In original clamshell case.
- Subject Terms:
- Aldeburgh (England)Artist's books -- Great Britain.Coasts.Dungeness (England)Turnbull, Gael. Sea-stone.
- Artist's books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.