Turnbull's Cheltenham Exchange, Turnbulls' Cheltenham Exchange , [ca. 1826?]
Turnbulls' Cheltenham Exchange / engraved by J. Radford.
- [Cheltenham] : S.Y. Griffith & Co., copper plate printers, [ca. 1826?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 80 x 106 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 45Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- "Writing desks, travelling, dressing & jewel cases, work boxes, &c. &c. Bibles, prayer-books, stationary &c. &c."--Foot of the trade card.
"Turnbull's Cheltenham Exchange, 389 High-Street, next the Assembly-Rooms, is constantly supplied with every description of fancy goods, hosiery, gloves, umbrellas, &c."--Griffith, Samuel Young. Griffith's New historical description of Cheltenham and its vicinity. London : Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown & Green, 1826.
Engraved tradecard for Turnbulls' Cheltenham Exchange, featuring an image of the interior of the shop.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookstores -- Great Britain.House furnishings -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Ornamental boxes -- Great Brtain.Stationery trade -- Great Britain.Stores, Retail -- Great Britain.Turnbull's Cheltenham Exchange.Wooden boxes -- Great Brtain.Writing desks -- Great Britain.
Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.