Porter, Roy, 1946-2002, English society in the eighteenth century , 1991
English society in the eighteenth century / Roy Porter.
- Additional Title(s):
English society in the 18th century
- Rev. ed.
- London, England ; Penguin Books, 1991.
New York, N.Y., USA : Penguin Books, 1991.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 420 p. ; 20 cm.
- Reference LibraryHN398 E5 P67 1991 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -388) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Social conditions -- 18th century.England.Social conditions.
- The social order
- Power, politics and the law
- Keeping life going
- Getting and spending
- Having and enjoying
- Changing experiences
- Towards industrial society