Two funeral scenes, with horse-drawn hearses, [approximately 1850]
Two funeral scenes, with horse-drawn hearses.
- England, [approximately 1850]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : woodcut ; sheet 14 x 22
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3320 .T86 1850 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- A sheet depicting two woodcut scenes of short funeral processions, each featuring a simple horse-drawn hearse and the head of the procession. The sheet bears no text. The scenes may have been intended for pasting into an album (for commemoration).
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages and carts -- Great Britain.Death.Funeral processions.Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Great Britain.Funeral service -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Hearses (Vehicles) -- Great Britain.
- Woodcuts -- [approximately 1850]
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.