Studio portraits of two women, Great Britain,
- Studio portraits of two women.
- Great Britain, ca. 1860.
- Physical Description:
- 2 photographs : ambrotypes, in leather case ; visible images approximately 55 x 45 mm (ninth plate format), in case 75 x 60 x 15 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCased Photographs B1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Ambrotype studio portraits of two unidentified women, possibly related, in a folding leather case, with brass clasp. The entirety lacks identifying text. Each portrait is framed within a gilt border. The portrait on the left-hand side is hand-colored and depicts an older woman, seated in an upholstered chair, with one arm on the edge of a table. The woman at right is younger, and she appears to be standing; the image is uncolored. Both women wear simple caps with lappets.
Title devised by cataloger.
- Subject Terms:
- Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Lappets.Portrait photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Women in hats.Women's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Women's hats -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.