W. & D. Downey, Her Majesty the Queen / W. & D. Downey, photographers, 1902
Her Majesty the Queen / W. & D. Downey, photographers.
- London : W. & D. Downey, 1902.
- Physical Description:
- 1 cabinet card : albumen print on card mount ; mount 17 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn ProcessYale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin Filler in memory of Paul Mellon, Yale College, Class of 1929View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and production information from foot of cabinet card.
"W. & D. Downey, photographers to His Majesty the King, Her Majesty Queen Alexandra ... Studios 57 & 61, Ebury Street, London, S.W. [In small print:] Marion, imp., Paris."--Reverse of cabinet card.
BAC: British Art Center copy with note on reverse (in black ink): Aug. 9, 1902.
Half length formal portrait photograph of Queen Alexandra at the Stationers' Hall wearing Coronation robes, including a crown and jewellery. There is a painted backdrop. The image is one of a series of photographs taken on the occasion.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925 -- Coronation.Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925 -- Portraits.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Portraits.Regalia.Stationers' Hall (London, England)
- Albumen prints.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.